Friday, January 6, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

1. Love these cupcakes!


2. Check out this adorable wintery sign from Barn Owl Primitives on Etsy. A great addition to any home's January decor!



3. Remember Punky Brewster?? Well, she's a mama now and she has written a book, Happy Chaos. I'm on page 181.






4. Lisa Leonard is an amazing jewelry designer. I have this necklace with all of my lovies names on it and I love it! If you sign up for her newsletter, you get 15% off your order!




5. I love wearing scarves. Check out these 37 different ways to wear them around your neck, your shoulders, and more.




6. Do you have leftover candy canes around the house after the holidays? We do! Check out this hot cocoa recipe and put candy canes to good use!




7. Luna Bars are one of my favorite mommy snacks. They are 70% organic and contain lots of vitamins and minerals that mommies need. My favorite flavors are chocolate peppermint stick and white chocolate macadamia. I pick them up for about $1.00 a bar at WalMart, Target, Meijer, or Whole Foods stores. A Luna bar and a cup of coffee and I'm ready for my day!





8. TGIF! Tuck the kids into bed, put on your favorite jammies, pop some popcorn and cozy up on the couch to watch Midnight in Paris. It is a romantic comedy about a family who goes to Paris on business but their circumstances change once they get there. It is a fun watch!






9. Try out this glittery snowflake art project from Family Fun Magazine. This YouTube video gives a quick demonstration of this fun project. I did this with my 3rd grade students and my own two older children Hugh (8) and Claire (3). We have ours hanging in the window by our front door!

                                                  (My son Hugh working on his snowflake!)


10. Was exercise on your list of 2012 resolutions? Mandy, from one of my favorite blogs, Kuzak's Closet, shares her experience trying out Bikram.


No comments:

Post a Comment