Monday, February 6, 2012

From Picture Frame to Serving Tray

I had been wanting a tray for the top of my table, so I made one. 

These are the items I used:

-an 11x14 wood frame (about $6.00)
-a set of drawer handles (about $4.00)
-a screwdriver
-a piece of fabric (use what you have left from another project)

I began by taking everything out of the frame so we
could add the handles.


I found an adorable assistant who held the handles
until we were ready for them.

My husband drilled holes in the frame at each end
and screwed the handles onto the frame.

I laid the glass back in the frame, and I inserted a piece
of material where the picture
would go (minus the mat.)

And there it is!  A durable tray that I can use to easily move things
on and off the table.  And the funnest part...I can change the material in the inside to make it fit the season, holiday, or whatever strikes my fancy!  Scrapbook paper would also work in the frame,  or have your child draw a picture to use as the decoration in your tray!  A very inexpensive project that provides a little bit of lovely on your every day table.  This would also make a fabulous gift! 

7 comments:

  1. Rebecca, this turned out SUPER CUTE!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg so awesome! I love it! What a great way to reuse old materials! And an adorable assistant I might add. Too cute. I'm your newest follower!
    Stay Crafty x0x0
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tray! So creative!! Thanks for also sharing this at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...I like how you can change out the fabric for different occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for visiting me at Coffee,Cakes,& Crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute & I love your darling assistant. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete