Monday, March 26, 2012

Great Craft Books

In recognition of March being National Craft Month and National Reading Month I thought I would share with you some of my favorite craft books.  You may click on each picture to be taken to a site where you can find out more about the book or purchase the book.


Fw Publications North Light Books, How To Organize Your Scrapbook Workspace

Four years ago we finished our basement.  It provided us with 900 square feet of additional living space! Yay!  During the months that we were working on the basement, I was obsessed with this book.  I read and reread it, referring to specific sections over and over!  I now have a beautiful scrapbook/craft area and a place for all my crafty stuff!  (Someday I will share it with you!)


This book, HOMEMADE: The Heart and Science of Handcrafts, was just recently published in October of 2011.  The author, Carol Endler Sterbenz, provides crafters with an extremely thorough reference for a variety of craft projects including soap making, jewelry making, flower arranging, and paper crafts just to name a few. The back cover of the book says "Definitive illustrated encyclopedia of crafts."  It sure is!  It has everything with step-by-step instructions!


Northridge Publishing has several craft related magazines that come out monthly.  I have a subscription to the one above, Cricut Magazine.  It is filled with different projects you can do using your Cricut personal cutting machine.  I like it because it includes a variety of project ideas including scrapbooking, cardmaking, party ideas, and other paper crafts.  It provides great photographs and detailed instructions.  The magazine below, Simply Handmade, is one I would love a subscription to and may get sometime soon!  This one is about sewing but I know it has different topics each month. 


Image Detail

I LOVE this book, Layers: Inspired Collage for Paper Projects with Meaning by Shari Carroll.  My husband gave me a gift card to Barnes & Noble for my birthday a couple years ago, and I remember sitting on the floor in the craft book section of the store with several books all around me trying to decide which one to get.  I finally decided on this one and I have really enjoyed it and referred to it multiple times.  It has such unique project ideas including gifts, frames, journals, books, cards, and scrapbook pages. 

Making Cards (Art Ideas)

This book, Making Cards was made for kids but I like it too!  It has different creative ideas for making cards for different occasions.  I have used their ideas to make birthday party invitations for the kids and I have referred to this book when doing projects with my son and my students at school. Usborne publishers produce great books for children!



Unlike the other books mentioned here, Crafty Chloe by Kelly DiPucchio is a storybook rather than a craft idea book.  It was released in February and was featured on the Martha Stewart show.  It is about Chloe who wants to make something special for her best friend for her birthday.  It is a cute, clever story with adorable illustrations.   


Click HERE to enter our giveaway for your own autographed copy of Crafty Chloe!

No comments:

Post a Comment