Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Kiss Me, I'm Irish" Edible Wreath

I was so excited to find these Creme De Menthe Hershey's Kisses at Target.  Perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
Of course, my mind immediately went to WREATH!!!

The shiny green foil is beautiful and these little kisses are delicious!




I bought this wooden 12 inch wreath from Michael's. It was about $2.00.

I used Mod Podge to attach paper to the wreath form and the glue spots to attach the kisses.

I used a large paint brush to cover the wooden wreath form with the Mod Podge.
I then covered the wreath with a light green scrapbook paper and cut out the middle of the circle.


I used glue spots to attach the green Hershey's Kisses all the way around the wreath.
I then used an x-acto knife to trim away the edges of the paper around the inside of the wreath.


I found this ceramic "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" plaque at Michael's for $2.00.
I hung it from the top of the wreath.

I then added green sparkly tulle and ribbon (both from Michael's.) 
I looped them around the wreath and tied them in a knot near the end.
I like this white and green ribbon.  I think the design on it looks like Celtic knots. 
I think it goes along with the knot I tied quite nicely too!

The wreath can be eaten and then recovered using more kisses and glue spots. 
And there you have it...an edible wreath!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I would have had trouble keeping the supplies on hand! (Kisses) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love that it is edible:) Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete