Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Alice Hansen Memorial Fund

I am posting this story in hopes of directing more attention to a family in need.

AHfamilyfundslider

I do not know this family but read about their story through another blog with which I am associated.  Heidi, from the blog HoneyBear Lane, lost her sister-in-law (Alice)  this week to Strep A Toxic Shock just days after giving birth. Alice and her husband (Heidi's brother) have two little boys and she had just given birth to a baby girl.  She became very, very sick and while the family prayed for full healing, God chose to call her home to be with Him. 



She leaves behind a grief-striken husband, two precious little boys, and a brand new daughter.  I can't imagine what this family is going through.  This young dad is faced with raising three little children by himself, without his wife and mama of his babies.  Please lift this family up in prayer.

Alice had a PhD in music and was a gifted pianist.  HoneyBear Lane has these beautiful prints for readers to download and print for free in memory of Alice and her love of music.
There has been a memorial fund established to assist the family with funeral expenses and the continued expenses of raising a family of three children with only one parent.  If you would like to donate you may click HERE to be directed to the HoneyBear Lane blog.  You can read more about this story and make a donation through PayPal, e-check, or credit card.

More than anything, the family will need prayers during this incredibly difficult time.  Without even knowing the family, my heart just aches for that man who has lost his love and those little boys who will be wondering when mommy will come home.  And their precious daughter, a newborn...who will never know her mama except through photographs and stories.


John 14:1-4 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”


No comments:

Post a Comment