Sunday, May 20, 2012

Loving Myself a Little Bit More Update

A couple weeks ago I shared how I was going to focus on taking better care of myself and making deliberate choices in what I did for me.  Click HERE to read more! I thought I'd give you an update...

I have stopped drinking coffee..yup! No more caramel mochas for me! I have replaced the coffee with Diet Coke - LOTS of Diet Coke.  I really wanted to completely nix that too and replace it with water but....one step at a time, huh?  I have, however, done a better job of drinking water throughout the day too!

I have been finding time to challenge myself creatively - through my craft projects, blog posts, and projects with my students at school.  I feel so much more like myself when I am engaged in a creative activity!

I have also been up and moving more!  The biggest change in taking better care of myself has been the exercise.  My friend and neighbor, Kim, and I have been taking an hour long power walk every night at 9:00 p.m.  By then we have our kids in bed and but there's still a little day light left.  I have SO enjoyed our walks and talks.  We huff and puff around town and up the hills as we talk about our kids, school, and Pinterest!  :)  The talks and the fresh air seem to be just as therapeutic for me as the actual exercise!  You know how they say that people are more apt to stick to an exercise routine if they do it with someone else??  Well, that's absolutely true.  I had a couple nights where I sure wouldn't have left the house if I hadn't had Kim waiting for me!  She has said the same thing! 

And guess what else?  I have lost 8 pounds!  Woo Hoo!!  I am super proud of myself, not really for the 8 pound loss, but more for the fact that I am being deliberate about my health and well-being.  I am looking forward to summer vacation with more time and beautiful weather to continue my ME project.  What are you doing for YOU?  I'd love to hear!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! :) Stopping by to say hi. Keep it up! :)

    Angie from Little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete