Thursday, June 7, 2012

Clock Redo with Washi Tape



From this.................to this!




I bought this clock for...get this.... 90% off! {Woo! Hoo!} after Christmas. It was a cute Christmas clock, but upon purchasing it, I knew I'd give it a makeover!



And out comes my latest crafting obsession - spray paint!  I LOVE this gloss paint in Blue Ocean Breeze by Krylon.  This is my favorite color!

I spray painted the clock and allowed it to dry.
I then used some of this beautiful Washi Tape that I purchased from Mindy Mae's Market.

Photo: First item up for bid! {EIGHT} rolls of washi tape!  The price will include domestic shipping, international will have additional shipping charges. The bidding will end in 10 minutes. Bidding will start @ $10.  GO!

Washi Tape is a Japanese paper tape, similar to masking tape but it comes in many patterns and colors.  It is thin and often transparent. The possibilites with Washi Tape are endless!

I put the tape on, overlaping the two different patterns a little bit and laid them in an off-center sort of direction.  I really like how it turned out and now I have a beautiful clock for my new office!



5 comments:

  1. Your new clock looks great! What a great idea. I'm rubbish with spray paint myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! Very cute! And thanks for mentioning us! You're too sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this washi tape redo! looks great!! Thanks for linking up with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea & it turned out so pretty. The paint you used is one of my favorites too. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and this project - so creative and fun and I'm a big fan of washi tape! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my roundup of clock re-dos and makeovers here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete