This is one of my favorite dishes to make in the summer. Several years ago a friend of mine had LOTS of eggplant from her garden that she shared with me. I had never had eggplant before but was up for something new. I looked up a recipe for eggplant parmesan, tried it, and liked it a lot. I have tweaked it a bit through the years and now have a very easy, very yummy recipe that makes a meal my whole family loves!
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Ragu Chunky Vegetable Sauce)
- Italian style bread crumbs
- spaghetti noodles
- shredded mozzerella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash eggplants, peel off skin, slice eggplants into pieces that are approximately 1/2 inch think.
- Whisk 3 or 4 eggs in a bowl (you may need to do more depending on how much eggplant you are using.)
- Pour some bread crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Dip each slice of eggplant into the eggs and cover with egg wash. Then dip wet slices into bread crumbs to coat completely. Lay slices into the bottom of a baking dish. Repeat until all slices are coated.
- Shake parmesan cheese over entire dish of eggplant pieces. Use as much as you'd like.
- Pour jar of spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Put in oven for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti noodles per box directions.
- Remove eggplant from oven and and sprinkle shredded mozzerella cheese on top - again, as much as you'd like.
- Return to oven for another 5 - 10 minutes until cheese is melted completely.
- Remove from oven, scoop spaghetti noodles onto each plate, add eggplant dish on top of noodles, provide additional parmesan cheese for each person to add as they wish.
Super easy, Super yummy!
Check out my Linky Party page to see where I am linking up this week!