Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Broken Teapot




 My mom's birthday was yesterday and to celebrate, my sister, my daughter, and I took her out to lunch at a little cafe/shop called "The Broken Teapot."  My mom and sister had been there before but it was new to me and Claire.


Claire sharing secrets with Grandma




I loved the decor - all mismatched, vintage and very charming...


I loved this idea...

 Old window panes with scrapbooked pages behind each section.  I could do this!


 And, of course, lots of teas, teapots, tea cups and saucers, and teapot-type gifts for decoration and for sale...





 


Claire LOVES lovely lady luncheons!  I had a chicken salad and fruit. Claire had grilled cheese and fruit.  Mom had an asian salad and my sister, Cherie had chicken salad on a croissant.  It was all yummy.  When we finished they brought us a complimentary basket of homemade cookies.  They weren't just any cookies either - nuts and caramel, shortbread, some chocolate - a nice variety and very good!


 On the left here - my mom with my sister, Cherie and on the right here - Claire, me and my mom!

We definetly had a lovely time at our "lovely lady luncheon" as Claire would call it! 
Happy Birthday to my mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment