Thursday, August 16, 2012

Southwest Salad Recipe



Look at this yummy, yummy salad! I enjoyed this southwest salad at Angie's Inn on the Grand in Howell, Michigan a few weeks ago. Angie is an amazing cook and always wows us with her culinary delights! See HERE the last visit I had to Angie's Inn on the Grand. 

I asked Angie if she'd be willing to share this recipe. She acted as though it is totally no big deal and how silly that I thought it was that great and that oh, of course, she'd share it! So here it is...no measurements, just throw in however much you want...


ground turkey, browned
canned black beans, drained and rinsed
lettuce (or bagged salad mix)
Texas Toast tortilla strips in chipotle cheddar flavor
shredded cheddar cheese
tomato
cucumber    (she actually said "Oh, you know, just throw in any veggies you have around!)
red pepper
little bit of chopped fresh cilantro
ranch dressing
your favorite salsa (hers is homemade, of course, she also recommends Chi-Chi's brand)
slice of lime

Lay out lettuce on a plate.  Add cilantro. Add black beans. Add tortilla strips.  In a small bowl, mix one part ranch dressing to one part salsa. Add dressing mix to salad. Sprinkle on shredded cheese. Put a scoop of ground turkey on top. Add cut up or sliced veggies around edge of salad.

These are the tortilla strips she used...


I found them at Meijer. I made the salad for my family a few days after trying Angie's and it was a hit at home too! Super easy and yummy - different too! Hoping in the future I can snag some more of Angie's recipes! She is so talented!


*********************************************************************************
If you did not already do so, you simply must take a minute to sign up for the Sister-Dipity giveaway for a necklace from Jubilee Jewelry. Click HERE for details!


3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I made your zucchini recipe and it was delish! My family loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wonderful, Kim! I am so glad to hear it! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southwest Salad Recipe is a healthy food and looking like very colorful recipe. This salad recipe taste is excellent.

    ReplyDelete