Monday, August 6, 2012

Washi Tape School Notebook


I had some leftover composition notebooks from the last school year - a couple that had belonged to students who had moved away. The notebooks are fresh, unused notebooks. I decided to take one and jazz it up a bit using washi tape...






Washi tape is originally from Japan and is paper-like, thin tape that comes in a variety of designs and colors.  Most of the washi tape I own, I purchased from MindyMae's Market.


Our school colors are maroon and white so I chose washi tapes that reminded me of our school colors.  I had some maroon patterns as well as some white and grey tapes. I simply cut strips of the tape to go the length of the cover of the notebook.  I allowed an extra 4 inches so I had 2 inches on the top and 2 on the bottom to wrap around on the inside cover. I overlapped and layered the strips of tape and made some of them sort of "peek" out from under the others. 


I then went to our school spirit store and purchased our school logo in the form of a giant sticker!
A super quick, easy project that has now provided me with a fresh new notebook that will be perfect for taking notes at staff meetings! And, I'm sporting the school colors in pretty patterns and showing off my school spirit too!

Are you working on any back-to-school craft projects?? I'd love to hear!

*****************************************************************************
Be sure to enter the Sister-Dipity giveaway going on right now for a free 8x10 print from the Etsy shop, Hidden in my HeART. Click HERE for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment