Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yummy Zucchini Casserole Recipe


Anyone else have zucchini overload right now?? The garden seems to be producing zucchini every few seconds. Every meal lately includes zucchini in some form or another. My sister had made a zucchini casserole a few weeks ago and shared the recipe with me.  I didn't have the ingredients I needed so I just came up with my own recipe.  My family LOVED it!  The kids were so funny about it. They all raved about it and begged me to make it for their next birthday parties! (My kids are very good eaters. We have had fights at the dinner table over who gets the last of the steamed broccoli.  I know they are not normal but thrilled they are good eaters!)
Here is my own zucchini casserole recipe...


1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large zucchini
1 box Rice A Roni beef flavor rice mix
1 container cottage cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
6 slices of cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Brown ground beef and onion together.  Drain. Spray bottom of 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.  Peel zucchini in long strips. Line bottom of the casserole dish with the zucchini strips.  Top with beef and onion mixture.  Open box of rice, remove and set aside seasoning packet. Pour rice on top of beef.  In small bowl, mix can of cream of mushroom soup with milk. Pour 1/2 over top of casserole.  Spread entire container of cottage cheese on top of that.  Add another layer of peeled zucchini strips to cover casserole. (I added a lot here!) Pour on the remainder of the soup/milk mix. Sprinkle Rice A Roni seasoning packet on top of entire casserole. Put in oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, add slices of cheese, and return to oven for 10 more minutes. Enjoy!

***********************************************************************************
Be sure to enter the Sister-Dipity giveaway going on right now for a free 8x10 print from the Etsy shop, Hidden in my HeART. Click HERE for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment