Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Front Porch

I thought I'd share my front porch as I've had it decorated for late summer before I change it for fall. Better late than never, right?

 
 

I got this old yellow thing from an antique store a few months ago. Do you know what it is?
It is an old stand for a bird cage. I put a hanging basket in it for the porch. I like the cheery yellow color.

 
 I've had this WELCOME sign for years and could never find the right way to use it. I got two of these old windows at a garage sale this summer and thought "a - ha!" I put it up in the corner of the porch and hung the welcome sign on the corners of it. I really like the look of it! I put the white rocking chair in front of it for added protection of the window. The striped throw pillow is from WalMart. Some evenings I rock my babies in this chair on the porch.


 
This flowers are artificial but I love the rustic look of them and the basket they are displayed in. They are very special to me. In the spring of 2003 I spent 3 weeks in the hospital in premature labor with our first child and my in-laws brought me this basket of flowers to cheer up my hospital room. I put them out on the porch every summer.
 

 
I have enjoyed the cheery decor on the front porch this summer but I am looking forward to mums and pumpkins soon too!
 
******************************************************************
*Have you seen the latest giveaway? You must check it out! If you have a little girl in your life, this is something you need! Click HERE for more details!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous chair and cushion! It looks like a wonderful place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I love your style & the beautiful colors. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You helped make my par-tay a success!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete