Sunday, September 23, 2012

Soup Sunday - Beef and Noodle Soup


 
I had leftover roast beef and decided to make it into soup! I used ingredients I had on hand and was able to quickly throw together a delicious, healthy soup that everyone in the family enjoyed.
 
Ingredients Needed...
  • 3 cups cooked roast beef
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
  • 6 1/2 cups water        
  • 1 16 oz box of pasta (I used Penne Rigate)     

Directions

In a large saucepan over medium high heat heat water and bouillon together. Add onion, celery, carrots, and pasta and bring to a boil Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.  Enjoy!
 
Penne Rigate would not have been my first choice for the pasta for the soup but it was what I had on hand and actually, I really liked it in there! The texture of the pasta somehow worked great with the beef! I would have thought to use it in a thicker - based, saucier soup but not in a soup with a thin broth like this one. So glad I did it anyway! (I actually had a tiny bit of spiral noodles in the cupboard too and threw those in - my husband insisted! They worked too!) So excited that I already have dinner figured out for tomorrow night - we have lots of leftovers!  :)
 
Do you have a favorite soup recipe you'd be willing to share? I would love to hear it! I am always excited to try new recipes - especially soup recipes!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to check out the giveaway going on right now!
Click HERE for the details!


No comments:

Post a Comment