Friday, October 5, 2012

Black Bean Brownies



Okay, just wait! I know, I know...Black Bean Brownies?? I'm a HUGE brownie lover myself but trust me! These are flourless yet DELICIOUS brownies. They are exremely moist and remind me of fudge. My mom made them, raved about them, and then let me sample some. Yes! She was right - really yummy and you're sneaking in healthy black beans at the same time you're enjoying a chocolately treat!

 

Ingredients

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish. Combine black beans, eggs, vegetable oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.  Pour mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips all over the top of the batter.  Bake for approximately 35 minutes until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment