Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Mini Flag Tutorial

I am so excited to have my friend, Ashley here guest blogging for me. She is very crafty and has recently made a beautiful fall flag she agreed to share with us!
 
 
Here she provides us with step-by-step directions...

Supplies:

·         2 Place Mats approximately 12inches X 18 inches (I went to the dollar store to get these!)

·         Puff Paints in Fall Colors

·         Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

·         Artificial Leaves (again another dollar store find)

·         Thread and Needle or Sewing Machine

·         Scissors
 
 

Directions:
To start I played around with the layout of my design.  I found a short saying I really liked, and who doesn’t love a big pile of fallen leaves this time of year? So I made this the theme of my garden flag.  Once I got a good idea of what I wanted, I used my puff paints to write out the saying. Allow puff paint to dry according to manufacturer’s directions. 


           After allowing the paint to dry, I then sewed my two placemats together.  You can use a sewing machine if you have one.  I don’t have a sewing machine so I used a thicker thread to hand stitch the placemats together.  When sewing the placemats together make one straight line across the top of the placemat.  Then measure about 2 inches down and sew all the edges together, leaving the 2 inch space to allow your garden stake to pass through. 
 
            Next apply the leaves to your flag with your glue gun.  I tried to mimic actual falling leaves and showed the back of some also, which I thought was pretty with the stems showing.


After you get all the leaves you want on your flag you are ready to hang and enjoy!
Thank you, Ashley! It turned out just lovely! I especially LOVE the saying.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment