Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween Treats for Day Care Workers

 
 
 A little treat for your day care provider, babysitter, or grandparent...
 
 
Materials Needed:
 
-Full size candy bars
-White crepe paper
-Googley eyes
-Scotch adhesive dots
-scissors
-Scotch tape


 
Wrap the candy bar in white crepe paper.
I did 2-3 layers so the label would not show through.


 
Stick two googley eyes on using the adhesive dots. I like to have the dots peeking out through the crepe paper. And there you have a mummy!

 

 
There are several ladies at the day care where my children attend 4 days a week so I made several mummies. I made each of them a little different with the size of the eyes and placement of the eyes.

 
I used Microsoft Word to make a little sign that said "Thank you for taking care of us while our mummy is at work!" I added a cute Hello Kitty mummy picture I found online.  (My little Claire is a HUGE Hello Kitty fan so it seemed appropriate!) Here it is...
 

{via}


 
I put some orange tissue paper in the bottom of a basket and added the mummies peeking out all over the top. I stuck the little sign in the middle of the mummies.
 
Just a little treat (inexpensive, easy to do, and cute) to show our appreciation to the ladies who
take such good care of our kids each day...
 




*************************************
 
Linking up HERE.












5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea and very thoughtful. Plus cute googly eyes = cuteness!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday!! We love your cute blog and are so excited that you shared your cute craft with us! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally copied this! Love that it was inexpensive--yet a thoughtful way to say thank you to A & L's daycare workers. Thanks for sharing Becky!

    ReplyDelete