Tuesday, October 16, 2012

No Sew Trick-Or-Treat Bags

 
 
 I decided to make trick-or-treat bags for the kids this year. My little Claire (31/2) helped me work on these while the boys were out with dad!
 
 
I got a package of (3) canvas bags from WalMart. They were just under $8.00. I was excited that they came in a package of 3 because 3 is exactly what I needed!
 
 
I got a variety of Halloween themed material - some from WalMart and some from Hobby Lobby. The spider web, owl, pumpkin, and plaid material were all from Hobby Lobby and were all 50% off!
Total, I got all the material for under $10.00! Woo Hoo!

 
We worked on Claire's bag first. She chose what material she wanted and we laid them out to decide on a design.
 
 
We used this Spray n Bod fusible adhesive to glue and iron on the material.
 

 
We added ribbon in between each section of material to hide the edges.
 
 
We then used fusible sparkly letters to iron on her name. These letters also came from WalMart.
 
 
We added an orange flower rosette to the middle of her bag to give it a little girly bling! Claire is all about the accessories! The flower was purchased in the jewelry/hair decor section of Hobby Lobby. I attached it with tiny safety pins and then hot glued a black button to the middle.
 
 
She loved it and I loved having a couple hours to do a craft project with her!
 
 
We made Oliver's bag with a see-through spider web print. We laid it out, cut it to size, and again, used the fusible adhesive to attach it to the canvas bag.

 
We used ribbon to make a black border near the top of the web material and put his name on with the same fusible gold letters that we used for Claire's bag. We put ribbon on the bottom edge and used purple spider duct tape for the edges. I'm not usually a huge spider fan but I saw this duct tape and thought it was so cute. (Duct tape purchased at Meijer.) The spiders are actually cute! I cut a pumpkin and an owl out of some of the material and added those to the bag too.

 
We made Hugh's bag similar with a variety of material and ribbon for the borders. I again, used duct tape for the edges. It added a little durability to the bag and it looked cute! I had bought camo iron-on patches at WalMart knowing Hugh's bag just had to include camo on it somewhere. So I used the gold letters as a pattern and cut the letters of his name out of the camo material.

 
He was pleased! (I don't know why we must do the peace sign for every picture lately?!?!)

 
Oliver was excited to have his own bag but really wanted to fill it - wasn't to keen on having his picture taken with it!
 
These special trick-or-treat bags certainly weren't necessary but were fun to do! I feel like I did something a little extra special for them and, like I said - I LOVED having a couple hours to do a project with Claire. Rarely get time alone with one child!

 

9 comments:

  1. So fun!Thanks so much for sharing tutorial! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Happy week!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I'm here from the link party at Southern Lovely! So glad I found your blog. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute bags! I really like the owl fabric! I'd love for you to share this and any other crafts at my new linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-2-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I'm following you! LOVE these bags!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bags are GREAT. And everyone (well, almost everyone) seems to completely love them! Don't you love when things come in a pack of EXACTLY what you need??? I've clicked to follow you... have a wonderful weekend with your sweet kiddos. jules from blesid thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a GOOD No-Sew Project!!! :) SO SIMPLE! I would love if you would link up with me and my Simple Sunday Party!
    http://forwhatitsworth-ornot.blogspot.com/2012/10/simple-sunday-7-no-sew-dino-costume.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lucky kids are going to love these! Thanks so much for sharing on Fabulous Friday.

    Warmly, MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. PowerLever guild wars 2 leveling locks are ANSI (United states National Criteria Institute) quality one swtor credits locks. Grade a particular means that they satisfy or exceed the highest ordinary aion kinah for construct level of quality while in the industry. This lets you are aware diablo 3 leveling that it's considerably alot.

    ReplyDelete