Sunday, October 7, 2012

Soup Sunday - White Bean Chicken Chili

 
 
White bean chicken chili is one of our family favorites.  The kids and my husband all love it because it is so good. I love it because it is so easy and fast. I've come home during my lunch hour and thrown it all in the crock pot and let it cook all afternoon until dinner, and I have also done it in about an hour at home in the evenings.  Having a bag of cooked chicken frozen in the freezer really saves on time too. I often use Schwan's cooked diced chicken for this recipe, although this time I used grilled chicken.  It is a fast, easy, cozy meal. 


Ingredients

1 pound cooked, diced chicken breast (mine was actually grilled this time)
1 chopped onion
2 32 oz containers of chicken broth
2 cans whole kernel corn
2 cans white beans, drained
1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Throw it all in a crock pot and let it cook on low 4 hours.  Or...throw it all in a pot and heat it through on medium-high heat for about 1 hour. 

Easy and delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment