Sunday, November 25, 2012

Soup Sunday - Vegetable Cheese Tortellini Soup

 
This is a meat-free soup that I know will appeal to some people. I am not a vegetarian but I do try to have meat-free meals a couple times of week for my family to enjoy. I also found this soup was a great way to sneak tons of vegetables to my little ones!
 
 
Ingredients
 
4 tsp. Better than Boullion Chicken Base
6 cups of water
1 package of frozen cheese tortellini
1 package of frozen broccoli florets
2 cans corn
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
Lawry's All Purpose Seasoning
 
 
Directions
 
On medium-high heat mix Better than Boullion in large soup pan with water. (Canned chicken stock could also be used instead.) Heat together for about 5 minutes. Add all vegetables except the corn. Stir together and continue to heat on medium-high.  In a sauce pan, prepare tortellini according to package instructions. When finished, drain tortellini and add to soup mixture. Add corn. Continue to heat for approximately 30 minutes. Add all purpose seasoning to taste - more or less, however you like it. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve and enjoy!

 
Tons of veggies!


 
 
This was delicious! My kids really enjoyed it and asked for seconds. They tend to like anything that is topped with shredded cheese! I was able to get some good veggies in them too though! The veggies were not at all soggy using this time frame. They still had a tiny bite to them which is how I like it. You may want to adjust the time to meet your own tastes!
 
This concludes my Soup Sunday Series. I began this Soup Sunday Series the first Sunday of September and have shared a different soup each week since then. I am pleased to have a nice collection of soup recipes that are just a click away. It was so fun to try new recipes and share some of my old favorites too. Later this week I will put all the recipes together in one easy link for you to get to easily. Check back with Sister-Dipity later this week, too, for a great giveaway - just in time for Christmas shopping! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment