Monday, December 24, 2012

Ricky On the Shelf

This is our family's Elf on the Shelf - Ricky!
 

Claire (4) named him. Oliver calls him "Ricky On the Shelf."
This is Ricky's first year with our family!
The kids were so excited to find Ricky every morning when they woke up...


He hung around all month long!
 

 
This morning - December 24th- the last day Ricky would be hanging around, he was here hanging above our kitchen table.
 
 
On this last morning he is here, he brought us a note. It says...
 
 
Dear Walker Family,
 
I have really enjoyed getting to know you these last few weeks. Though I saw some arguing, I also saw lots of love! Tonight I will be returning to the North Pole to give Santa a final report. I will be back to your house again next year. I will miss you! Hugh, Claire, and Oliver - please remember God's greatest gift to us was his son, Baby Jesus. Remember Christmas is Jesus' birthday. Continue to love each other. Always say your prayers, listen to mom and dad, and always do your best. You will have some nice surprises from Santa tomorrow morning.
 
Love,
Ricky
 
P.S. I left you some cookies!
P.S. Claire, thank you for my name. I love it!
 
 
These are the cookies Ricky brought. They look just like him!
One for each child!
 
(Cookies were from Barnes & Noble)


The note and cookies were laying on the table underneath the light fixture that Ricky was hanging from! Claire has been sad leading up to this day knowing that Ricky would be returning to the North Pole soon.
 
Our oldest son, Hugh, was quite skeptical of this whole thing but thought one day he saw Ricky wink at him. Also, Hugh's friend spent the night last week and his friend was sure he saw Ricky flying in the air around midnight! :) I have to admit, I'm going to miss Ricky too. This has been such a fun addition to our Christmas traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment