Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valentine's Day Ideas

I haven't done much to prepare for Valentine's Day yet but I have done a lot of thinking!
I wanted to share with you again some of my Valentine's Day recipes, decorations, and crafts from last year. I loved Valentine's Day last year! I was well prepared and did lots of little extra things for the little lovies in my life. I need to get on the ball for V-day 2013!
 
Last year I shared with you my recipe for chocolate truffles!
Easy, delicious, and festive - perfect little sweets for your sweetie.
Click on the picture to be taken to the post for the recipe.
 
 
I decorated my mantel last year in a "Family Love" theme.
I did a blog post about putting the mantel together but then changed it up a bit later by adding the special dates art.  See the black frame filled with numbers? Those numbers are all significant dates for our family - birthdays and our wedding anniversary.
Click on the photo to see more.

 
I had so much fun making this tissue paper heart wreath. I had seen one similar on the cover of Martha Stewart Living. Rather than order the Martha Stewart craft kit to make the heart, I dug through my own stash of tissue paper and created my own. I really like how it turned out.
Click on the picture for the tutorial.

 
I was on a bit of a wreath-craze last year and was "seeing" wreaths in everything I had in my life.
This is a "Love Bug" wreath I made out of a canning jar ring. I loved the petite size. The smaller size along with the ribbon detail and delicate tulle make this wreath extra lovely.
Click on the picture to see the tutorial and make your own!
 
 
And another treat - Valentine Cupcake Bites. Yummy!
Click on photo for recipe and directions.

 
My daughter Claire refused to let me take down her bedroom Christmas tree so I turned it into a pink and purple Valentine's Day tree.  Anyone still have their Christmas tree up?!? Well, here's an idea to update it for the next special holiday! Click on the photo to see more!

 
I also did a blog post last year of Valentine's Day at our house including the decorations, the cards the kids gave friends, and our dinner together. Click the cupcake photo to see more.

 
Hopefully this weekend I can get some Valentine's Day decorations up and maybe even make a couple batches of the mini cupcake bites to freeze and have ready for the special day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment