Monday, February 18, 2013

Perfect Teacher Gift - A Marker Bouquet



Here is a teacher gift that is both practical and frivolous all at the same time!
 
I purchased these cute little tin planters for $2.50 each at Dollar General. I cut a cardboard egg carton in half and stuck it in the bottom of the planter. I then chose 5 Expo dry erase markers for each bouquet. I purchased a large package like this at Walmart for about $9.00.
{photo via here}


I stuck the markers down into the egg cartons poking little holes in them to secure each marker in place. I was then able to tilt the markers at the angles I wanted them to be at in order to create the bouquet - look.
 
I then used two different chipboard flower shapes as my pattern and traced lots of flowers from two sided scrapbook paper. I used K & Company Jubilee Designer Paper Pad.
I LOVE this paper! It is beautiful!


 
I also cut leaves out of the green patterned paper from the same pack. I did not have a pattern for the leaves - just cut them. Easy peasy!
 
I then layered two different size flowers together and used a hole punch to put a hole in the middle.
I gently pushed the paper flowers down over the tip of each Expo marker.


 
I used glue dots to stick the leaves on here and then to sort of "balance" the look of the bouquet and make it fuller. I stuck the leaves up under the flower blossoms.
 

 
I then used craft grass to fill in around the markers and hide the egg cartons.


My son Hugh (9) took these to school for his teachers on Valentine's Day. They were both delighted! Hugh was so sweet about it too. He said "Oh, mom! That's so nice!" It was nice that he truly appreciated my effort and creativity. 

The handsome 3rd grader delivering flowers to his teacher!


 
Teachers work on an limited budget and Expo markers are not cheap. Being a teacher myself, I can tell you - this is gift that will be appreciated!
 
 
***************************************
 
Have you signed up for the giveaway going on right now for a product of choice to the online dress shop, eShakti?  If you haven't, you MUST go check it out!
Click HERE for more details!

2 comments:

  1. dry erase markers are always a good teacher gift! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the look out for fun teacher gifts! If you haven't already had a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and share them at the 100th Tuesday To Do Party over at The Blackberry Vine! http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-to-do-party-100-99-list-makers.html

    Smiles!
    Jami
    The Blackberry Vine
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete