Even in this amazing age of technology (and being the blog-lover that I am), I still enjoy having a book or magazine in my hands to read. When a new magazine comes in the mail, it is like a tiny bit of instant "me" time that I can to look forward to after the kids are in bed. One of my favorites is this fairly new publication that I just discovered and subscribed to this past fall. I am in love with the gorgeous photographs, the country-lovin' simplicity, and the vintage flavor of this magazine.
Each bi-monthly issue brings a fresh approach to lifestyle inspiration, including...
- Shopping and Collecting antique, vintage, handmade and artisan original wares
- Decorating and Entertaining while expressing personal style, not trends
- Gardening and Cooking with a focus on local markets and farms
- Home Remodeling and Restoration using reclaimed and repurposed materials
- Fashion that celebrates individual expression of vintage-inspired style
- Travel, exploration of nature and local attractions, and enjoying a shared history
- Support and Promotion of independent main street businesses, artisans, events, and shops
- Connection between readers and contributors through shared memories and stories based on a wide scope of interests
(information and description of magazine from www.folklifestyle.com/about)
The first issue of FOLK was distrubuted in Fall of 2011. Three college friends, Ben, Heath, and Hillary enjoyed taking photographs of the beautiful state of Kentucky and discussed the possibility of creating a coffee table book of their photographs. Ben shared with his two friends his dream to start a magazine and FOLK came to life.
Indulge in FOLK online through their blog - www.folklifestyle.com.
"...Because we are so innately focused on living authentically and supporting your local community, we are a magazine for all ages. We have subscribers as young as seven, in addition to those with years of experience under their belt. We interview the makers, the doers, the travelers, the singers, and the real people who live lives that stories should be written about. At the same time, we bring you American fashion, decor, food, and lifestyle - all from the fresh perspective of Generation Y."
The FOLK staff is offering Sister-Dipity readers a 50% discount at their shop - www.magazinebyfolk.com!
Just enter coupon code "sister" at checkout!
|(Photo via here.)|
It is a pleasure to share their story and these gorgeous photographs about a publication I truly enjoy! It is also a pleasure to announce that FOLK is sponsoring a giveaway here on Sister-Dipity!
One reader will receive a year's subscription to FOLK! If the winner already has a subscription the winner will be credited an extension to their subscription.
You can enter here through Rafflecopter...
a Rafflecopter giveaway