Thursday, April 4, 2013

Photo Board for Grandma

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday. She is always delighted to get photos of the family. I must admit though, while I am very dedicated to taking a bazillion photographs of every get-together, I rarely actually have them printed. I usually just send them via email or post them on Facebook.
 
 
I found this photo board at Hobby Lobby last week. I loved the colors on it and the clips that can easily allow you change the photos you want to display or clip up a note, invitation, or grandchild's drawing.
 
I had the idea to personalize it with our last name using Scrabble tiles. I wasn't sure if my husband would like that idea or think I was crazy (which he sometimes does!) I asked him, and he LOVED the idea. In fact, he mentioned it several times before I actually got out my glue gun and container of letter tiles. In just a matter of minutes, I had it customized to his liking!
 
 
I printed off about 20 different photos of our family, my brother-in-law's family, and pics of everybody with grandma and grandpa.
 
 
I clipped them randomly on the board.
 
 
Some of the photos were from our Easter get-together earlier this week so they were fairly new. That was fun to include recent ones. Grandma can easily change them around if and when she wants.

 
And grandma loved it!
 
H A P P Y * B I R T H D A Y, GMA!

1 comment: