Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July Decorating

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
 
I realize today is the 4th but our celebration really happens with our annual 4th of July party this weekend. I haven't done a lot of decorating but thought I'd show you what I've done...
I threw together lots of red, white, and blue to make a little patriotic vignette.
The "home sweet home" sign is hung using Command Adhesive Strips. I usually hang this on the front porch but I really love the bright colors on my front porch and didn't want to change it this year. So it stayed indoors!
 
 
 The monogram is something I had on display somewhere else in the house, the 5 is for the # of people in our family, the star I just bought at an antique sale TODAY for only $1. The guy told me it was made from the scrap wood of a 200+ year old home in upstate New York.
I added the "freedom" plaque to the top of it.
 
I made this wreath last week using a foam form, coffee filters, cupcake liners, ribbon, flag toothpicks, and floral pins.
 
 I spray painted these two frames red (from oak finish) and framed a free USA printable in one and an art project my son Oliver (2 1/2) did with his handprint in the second. The candlestick holder in the back is sort of random....it was purchased for pennies at Goodwill and was an ugly faux marbled black and blue color. I spray painted it red and rubbed the edges in a few places to "antique" it up a bit. It looks much better. The other decorations are just pulled from my 4th decorations.
This is the coffee filter wreath I shared with you HERE. I just hung this wooden sign in the center of the wreath. It is an Avon item from 10 years ago. I still put it out somewhere every year.
 
I will share with you the other 4th of July decorations I put up for our party in a few days! I LOVE this holiday for lots of reasons. I will leave you today with one of my favorite quotes...
 
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. " ~Patrick Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment