Friday, July 5, 2013

Old Window Photo Display

I made my husband stop at a yard sale that advertised antiques yesterday. He stopped with very little grumbling/mumbling under his breath/complaining! He stayed with the kids while I went to look around. I skipped back to the car very excited for I had found JUST what I had been looking for and it was only $10! Yay! He did a little eye roll but then popped the trunk and got out to carry it for me!
This is it....
 Isn't it fab??
We were on the way to my in-law's house when we stopped. We showed it to them and I asked my FIL if he could hang it for me. He was happy to oblige. He brought it to our house later in the evening with this barb wire attached for the hanger.
 
 
Barb wire?!?! HECK YES! I LOVED the barbed wire on it! He said, "I thought you would." I also love that he knew I would love it! Anyway, he and my hubby hung it for me. I had left the wall empty for quite a while knowing I wanted needed a white, chippy painted window with multiple panes to hang there in that precise spot!

  
 
 Oh, I LOVE IT! And don't you wonder about its history?
Who looked out of this window? What house did it belong in and how old is it?
 
 
My FIL then added two tiny trim nails - one on each side of the window. It is so subtle that you don't even notice them. I then tied twine stretching from one nail to the other with a little droop in the middle.
 
 
I spray painted tiny clothespins that I purchased a while back from Wal-Mart.
I used Krylon spray paint in my favorite color - Blue Ocean Breeze (gloss.)

 
I then hung pictures of all the cousins on the string with the cute little clothespins.
I LOVE how it turned out! It is EXACTLY what I had in mind! And guess what? Hubby likes it too! He even told me he wants me to go garage-saling today (probably not for old windows though, I think he is thinking more along the lines of hunting and fishing gear!)
 
 
I am already thinking about what I will do with the window at Christmas! Oh, the possibilities!
Many thanks to my awesome father-in-law who can see my shabby-chic vision and make it happen for me!

1 comment: