Friday, August 30, 2013

Zucchini Relish Recipe



I got this recipe from my sister's sister-in-law, Sarah. Sarah often brings her famous zucchini relish to family get-togethers and it is always a hit! Last summer I finally got the recipe from her and canned some of my own. My husband L O V E S it! Our garden is always loaded with zucchini at this time of year so this is a perfect way to enjoy it and make it last!
 
 
 
Zucchini Relish
10 cups minced zucchini
1 cup pickling salt
5 cups onion, minced
1 cup diced celery
3 green peppers, diced
2 sweet red peppers, diced
 
Combine these ingredients and let set in fridge over night. Then drain. Rinse thoroughly and drain again.
 
Then add...
2 tsp. turmeric
1 T dry mustard
3 T celery seed
6 cups sugar
5 cups white vinegar
3 T cornstarch
 
In an enamel pot, bring all ingredients to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 20 minutes. Ladle into jars and follow canning directions.
 
 

 

 
I am normally not a huge fan of relish but this is delish!!
It is great on hot dogs, hamburgers, and steak. Try it. I'm certain you will be pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment