Sunday, September 29, 2013

Master Bedroom Makeover - a teeny glimpse...

This summer my bucket list included "Repaint and redecorate master bedroom."
When August 1st rolled around and "back-to-school" was staring me down, I decided it was now or never. So I got going and I'm SO glad I did. I have a few little details left to add to the room so I am not giving you the grand tour yet but here is a quick peek...
 
Here are some before views.....Sure hope you still like me after you see this disaster....
 
 
Don't you love the "Clear the Clutter" box here? I don't think it is big enough for the job.
Our bedroom has completely been our dumping ground. When company is coming and there are clothes washed but not folded - to the bedroom they go! The kids' school papers - yep, the bedroom!
Christmas cards from last year - the bedroom. (I don't know why.) Stuff just gets dumped in the bedroom! I felt like such a hypocrite getting the kids to clean their rooms and then my own room.....well, I had to dig my way in to find my bed each night. It became such a heavy burden to me in many ways. I needed fresh and airy. I needed a sanctuary that was a reflection of ME.
I needed a mom cave!

This was the bed, and see the ceiling fan??? Yeah, it found a new home.

 
We took the chandelier out of the dining room and hung it above our bed.
(New chandelier for the dining room!)

 
Clutter gone! My vision for the room - WHITE! Clean, crisp, natural, white! A little shabby, a little history, a little nature, a little cozy.... Ahhh...
New fresh white bedspread from Target by Simply Shabby Chic! It is different squares (like a quilt) and each square has different material - ruffles, chenille, quilting, embroidery.
 It is beautiful and cozy and it was on sale! Woo! Hoo!
The burlap pillow with the W was from Etsy shop, Next Door to Heaven.
Oh, I LOVE their stuff!

 The long white old window was a $10 garage sale find that I LOVED and knew I HAD to have though at the time I didn't know what I'd do with it. (I bought two!) Turns out old chippy paint windows can exude their shabby charm in lots of spots in my home! I like the height it added to the existing headboard. I like how the bedding is white but then the headboard is dark wood then above it the window is white again. It is very pleasing to my eye and it seems like a bit more "intentional decorating" than I had in the mess before!

This is a wreath I made quite awhile back. See tutorial HERE.

My husband thought I was crazy asking him if I could please have some branches from the trees he had just cut down on the property. He humored me though and I love the natural element it adds to the room. I have placed the limbs so they sort of hang over the bed. I feel as though I am falling asleep under the trees each night!
Do you love it? I sure do! I can't wait to show you the rest of the room!
Here are some little hints - a bit more burlap, some vintage, some romantic, some sentimental, some more nature, a garage sale find up-cycle, and one of our engagement pictures!
Ahhh...stay tuned! I will invite you back to my mom cave sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT from what you've shared. I hope you are happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! doesn't it feel good to declutter?!

    ReplyDelete