Monday, September 9, 2013

Old Fashioned Rice Pudding Recipe


I love rice pudding. We have some ladies at our church who make rice pudding, and I always look forward to indulging in it at church get-togethers. Once in a while I will buy the Kozy Shack rice pudding which I enjoy too. Recently though, I went in search of an easy, yet somewhat homemade recipe.  This one I found online is from the Minute Rice cookbook called, Minute Rice Fast and Fabulous Meals.

Ingredients*
4 Cups cold milk
1 cup Minute Rice
1 pkg (4 serving size pkg) JELLO Coconut Cream pudding**
1 egg, well beaten
cinnamon
nutmeg

Directions
Combine milk, rice, pudding mix, and egg in medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into serving bowl.*** Sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. You may serve warm or for chilled pudding, place plastic wrap directly on top of hot pudding. Cool slightly, about 1 hour. Stir before serving.

*You can also add raisins or to make old fashioned fruited pudding, add 1 17 1/2 ounce drained can of fruit cocktail after cooling for 5 minutes.

**This recipe would also work with JELLO vanilla pudding mix. My husband and I LOVED it with the coconut cream pudding. In addition to the rice, you can also taste pieces of coconut. For those who do not care for coconut, the vanilla would probably be a better bet!

***This could also be poured into individual bowls rather than one large serving bowl.

 
 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment