This was our front yard Tuesday morning - March 31st!
We had school but several schools in our area were closed! It would have been so pretty if it was Christmas rather than Easter. Enough is enough, I say! Here are some ideas for welcoming spring...
1. Get a Pedicure - Treat yourself to a pedicure with a bright, peppy color! Then put on your flip flops! (Even if it is just to flop around the house!)
2. Plant Some Seedlings - get one of those peat pots and seeds of your choice (marigolds do real well, real quickly) and get to planting! It will feel good to see some something green, new, and growing! In a few weeks, as your seeds sprout and grow stronger, you can replant the peat pots right into the soil outdoors!
3. Get Outside - just go out! Go for a walk, take the kids on a bike ride, sit outside to read even if you have to wear a coat and gloves! Just go outside. It is AMAZING what a little fresh air and daylight can do for you!
4. Open Your Window a crack each morning - when my oldest son, Hugh was little he used to stand on the toilet in the bathroom, open the window and yell, "Hellllllooooo, Spring! It's Hughie Walker!" I open the window every morning as I'm getting ready for work just to hear the birds sing! Even if it is a cool breeze, the sound of the birds is so worth it!
5. Add Some Color - hot pink, aqua, cheery yellow to your decor! A bright colored candle, a bright painting, or a springy wreath will perk things right up!
6. Pick Up a Vase of Tulips - stop by your local flower shop or pop into the produce section at Wal-mart. For just a few bucks, you can treat yourself to a bouquet of spring flowers that will brighten any space and again, give you something fresh and green to look at!
7. Wash the Windows - I can't tell you how good this feels! Washing the windows always brightens up a room, lets in more natural light, and provides you with a crisp, clear view of the awakening world outside!
It is April now and today our temperatures are expected to reach a high of 64! Way warmer than the last day of March was! Hopefully this is the start with many warmer days ahead!