Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Betsy



I have been wanting a new bike for about a year. I researched bikes for petite women as I am only 5 feet tall. I Pinned lots of images of bikes that I liked and was going for that vintage-straw hat-sundress-flowers-French bread in the basket look that is all over Pinterest!

via HERE
Dreamy, huh?!


A friend noticed my Bicycle board on Pinterest (HERE) and asked me if I was in the market for a new bicycle. I told her I was, indeed! She then recommended a local bike shop in our little bitty town. Huh.....I hadn't even thought of checking there. So my husband and I went to see what they had.
We were pleasantly surprised. I tried out a couple bicycles in the parking lot of the bike shop and discussed the options available for a petite lady like myself. The bike shop owner is a man in his sixties who is 5'1". I know this because he told me. I found that I really liked the Nirve bikes - with the look of them, the smooth ride, the size of the frame, and the adjustments he made to the seat and handlebars to accommodate my short stature, I thought a Nirve bike might be the way to go. I told the owner I needed to think about it. I thought about it. And then we went back and got this beauty....



Ladies and gentlemen.....meet Betsy!
Isn't she lovely? I love the cheerful yellow of the frame, the mint green within the tires, the subtle embossed flower design pressed into the seat and handle bar covers, and the sunflower detail. This bike is called the Nirve Sunflower Beach Cruiser. I got this Nantucket bike basket from Amazon.
Just for fun I donned a white sundress with yellow belt, straw hat with yellow ribbon, yellow flowered scarf, orange high heels, sunglasses and lipstick for a quick informal photo shoot with Betsy. A beautiful spring orange and yellow bouquet and a loaf of French bread completed the Pinterest look I was going for. Ahhh....















My daughter Claire (7) thought the whole photo shoot was fancy....and silly! What fun! Claire and I have been enjoying long evening bike rides all over town since Betsy became part of the family.
I am really looking forward to lots of bike riding time with the kids this summer.


I am so thankful to have found this bicycle. Footloose and fancy free! That's me this summer....I hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment